Top 5 Code Editors
1. Live preview:
2. Fewer icons:
3. Quick editing:
4. Open source:
5. Split view:
- Brackets code editor is available in 40 encodings i.e can be opened/saved in 40 different encodings.
- Brackets save history and the recent searches and could know via the search bar.
- It uses code hints for the developers that makes coding easy.
- Default extensions can be enabled or disabled depends on the requirement of developer either want to use those extensions or don’t.
- Supports ECMAScript 6.
- Emmet: it works on HTML and CSS.
- Tabs- custom working
1. Syntax highlighting:
Syntax highlighting is one if the most important feature of text editors. It is used to highlight the text in editors in different colors and fonts especially source code according to the terms categorized. and is used in programming, scripting and Markup languages. and doesn’t affect on source code but used for the simplification of human readers. That helps in improving the readability of the source code that is based on a large number of pages. It mainly used in finding the specific errors or source codes. A study shows that syntax highlighting helps in paying low attention towards standard keywords. In syntax highlighting different syntax elements are used to specify different categories. Such as; keywords, control flow, variables, comments, and variables.
2. Code folding:
The code folding feature is important because used to hide or show relevant data by the developers. And also used to hide the less important information while showing the most important knowledge about that source code.
3. Limited Auto-completion:
This feature is important because it saves the time of developers. In auto-completion, the words or source codes are predicted by the software while writing a program. The purpose of this feature is to minimize the use of keystrokes and increase the speed of typing a program.
4. Plugin manager:
The feature plugin manager is used to give information to developers about the new plugins that are available for the notepad++.
Compare is a feature available in notepad++ (NPP) to help to compare the one program with other colleagues when a developer is working with a team.
6. Spell checker:
This feature enables the developers to check spell of their source code. We know that everybody can’t be perfect in writing and source code are written wrong could not work so it is better to check these before run.
7. Preview HTML:
This feature is very helpful because the developers can see what the web or program could look like after execution and developer can make it good. It has manually refresh button to check the changes that are being done.
The feature cross plate form is very important because developers can run on OS X, Windows, and Linux. So developers are not only limited to one operating software but can work on above three software.
2. Built-in package manager:
The feature enables searching of new packages or installation of new packages. Developers also can create this on packages within the Atom.
3. Smart Autocompletion
This feature in atom enables guessing of the source code what developer want to write. This feature makes atom flexible and smart.
4. Find and replace:
This feature in atom find the information that developers won’t find and also it previews that information then a developer can change any text or code in single or all files.
5. Color picker:
The plug-in color picker helps in picking up the colors for your text and code to differentiate between codes and texts. It also used to change the format.
7. Vim mode:
This plug-in enables the mixture of atom plus vim features together. Developers can use options of both editors simultaneously.
4. Sublime Text
- Go-to anything: this feature enables finding of lines, codes, and symbols quickly.
- Multiple selections: the feature multiple selections make ten changes at a time, not one change ten times. It is used to change lines and rename variables at once. And making the sublime more efficient and faster.
- Split editing: split editing is one of the most important features because it helps in editing at multiple places in the same code. The advantage of this feature is that developers can use multiple monitors to work on the same program with split editing. A developer can work on different Columns or rows on the same program on different Windows.
- Terminal: through this feature project files are directly opened in terminal and commands are executed in the folder.
- Csscomb: this feature enables developers to write their source code in the right order when these are working in a team. This is used for neat and tidy code writing.
5. Coda Code Editor
Coda is one of most used code editors. It is a Web development software supported by macOS. the most liked due to its amazing user interface developed by Panic. it was first released on 23 April 2007 and won that award of apple design of that year. it is most liked because of its excellent features like clean, faster, powerful code editor. its stable version 2.6.6 was released on 5th June 2017. local and remote files are edited with fast switching tabs.
- hide and show specific files: this feature is good among other features of the code is good enough to show or hide the specific files that a developer want to see such as if a developer wants to see .htaccess files then one has to click the rules option in preference to show such type of files.
- preview in iPhone/iPad: this feature is important for the iPhone/iPad developers they can preview in simulated iPhone/iPad.
- adding a book code: with the help of this feature, a developer can add books for their reference to the coda. in this case, HTML book is important for quick reference.
- WordPress mode: this feature in coda helps to autocomplete the code or loop of a navigator. Its use makes editing more efficient and time-saving for a developer.
- Browse CSS styles inline: this feature helps in improving the quality of the CSS styles that are not remembered by the developers.
Also Read: Optimize 5 Things For Speeding Up WordPress Website Check Out: Amazing Social Media Backgroud Pictures